Now a days, tablets have become the essential for most people. Tablets are the ultimate electronic devices, simple and portable to use and have a touch screen interface for better human interaction. For most people the question always lingers: iPad vs Android, which to choose?
Basic features of iPad
iPad designed and marketed by Apple Inc., equipped with 1 GHz processor and 256MB RAM covering up to a maximum storage of 64GB, using the same operating system as the Apple iPhone’s, the iPad also has the capability of WiFi and 3G service. The iPad only has the capability to run applications from the official Apple App Store and covers over thousands of apps such as dictionary, music-making, writing, reading and games etc.
Basic Features of Android Tablet
Many different companies like Motorola, Samsung, LG have all launched their own android tablets, the famous being the Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v. Equipped with the android 3.0 Honeycomb OS and HD display, the android tablets also seem to rise in the competitive market. It also comes along with Adobe Flash compatibility, 3G/4G and WiFi connectivity. Many android tablets are equipped with dual-core processor and dual cameras with up to 8 megapixels, with expandable 16GB or 32GB on-board memory.
iPad vs Android Tablet: Comparison
• Ease of use: Both Android Tablets and the iPad have a very simple and user friendly interfaces which can be quickly adapted to. But still for most new comer, the single button interface of iPad proves to be better and easy to use rather than the android tablet.Sponsored Links:
• Hardware: The hardware of the android tablet proves to be a better choice rather than the iPad. Equipped with faster dual processors, powerful cameras and expandable memory, android tablets certainly outrun the iPad in this category.
• Software and Apps: The iPad true strength seems to lie in the devices software and applications scope. The official Apple App store is packed with tons of apps from document apps to entertainment, gaming and so on. On the other hand, the android market is still left behind when it comes to the apps and software and although the android producers are continually developing the android market, it still lacks behind the Apple’s App Store.
• Variety: If ones looking for different sizes and memory specification in a tablet, the answer automatically points to the android tablets. Android tablets come in various sizes from 8 inches to 10 inches and so on. They also have the capability to have expandable memory ranging from 32 GB to 64GB. IPad on the other hand lacks in this as it has a fixed design and memory for all its models.
• Batteries: One major disadvantage that is seen is that the iPad does not come with replaceable batteries. Once the battery of the iPad is crashed, the whole device crashes. On the other hand the android tablets can have their batteries replaced, hence utilizing the device in case the battery crashes.
Apple’s iPad proves to be consistently improving in the tablet market, providing users with more and more apps and different interfaces. On the other hand the android tablets are not left behind either. They come in variety of factors and configuration suiting the various needs of users. At the end, the debate of iPad vs Android tablets still remains, and it depends wholly on the users need and usage, to which device suites them better.