With the launch of Samsung Galaxy Tab, competition in the tablet market has increased and become tougher. Comparison of the android based galaxy tab and the iPad has indeed become very popular and yet competitive. Hence the major debate lies along the point: iPad vs Galaxy Tab
Basic features of iPad
iPad designed and marketed by Apple Inc., equipped with 1 GHz processor and 256MB RAM covering up to a maximum storage of 64GB, using the same operating system as the Apple iPhones, the iPad also has the capability of WiFi and 3G service. The iPad only can run applications from the official Apple App Store and covers over thousands of apps such as a dictionary, music-making, writing, reading and games, etc.
Basic feature of Galaxy Tab
The Samsung’s Galaxy Tab, a 10-inch tablet based on android OS 2.2 (upgradable to 2.3.6), with a 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 Samsung Exynos 3110 processor, 512MB RAM, storage up to 32GB and support for flash microSD card, it indeed proves to be striking tablet in the market. Furthermore, with a dual camera, speaker phone, GPS, Bluetooth, WI-Fi, 3G and GSM support and a Sim tray, the Galaxy Tab covers almost everything and anything that is on other tablets.
iPad vs Galaxy Tab: Detailed Comparison
• Screen size and Resolution: The Galaxy Tab is about 10.1 inches having a screen resolution of 1280 x 800, which displays very good-quality videos and photos. On the other hand, iPad is a bit smaller being 9.7 inches having a resolution of 1024×768 but with new iPad released, the resolution is 2048×1536 thereby leaving behind all tablets.Sponsored Links:
• Battery Life: The Samsung Galaxy Tab can run continuous 10 hours and hence beats the many other tablets in the market. The iPad, on the other hand, runs 10 hours straight as well.
• Multi-Tasking: Galaxy Tab provides a better and more user friendly interfaces for multi-tasking as apps can be run in the background while ones working on something as well. The iPad, on the other hand, falls short on this.
• Storage: The Galaxy Tab comes in 16, 32GB storage, but with also and SD card slot up to 32GB and 50GB of drop box volume. Whereas the iPad comes in 16, 32, 64BG without any extra storage space.
• Software and Apps: The Galaxy Tab powered with Android comes along with the Google Play store, but in comparison with the Apple’s App Store, it still lacks the app range and quality.
• Web Browsers: With the Galaxy Tab one has the option to replace or work on many different browsers while on the iPad, the browser is only restricted to the default Safari.
• Price: The galaxy Tab 16GB starts from $399 while the iPad 16GB starts from $499 and hence if only the price is considered, the Galaxy Tab seems to fall on budget.
With the Galaxy Tab in the market, the competition between the iPad has become stronger and competitive as the Galaxy Tab offers tons more features that the iPad has fallen short of. Still the iPad proves to be the king of tablet world, but as seen the Samsung Galaxy Tab puts up more rivalry in the market. The decision yet again lies in the hands of the user; the iPad vs Galaxy Tab.