The iPad’s utility is the foundation of its success. It’s terrific as a second computing device, and for many of us, it’s taking the spotlight as our primary platform for work, photographing, email, browsing, gaming and beyond. So, the question boils down to this: Can the iPad really replace the laptop? The answer is yes, the iPad can replace a laptop. Thanks to the cutting-edge offerings in the App Store, it’s even more practical than ever before to handle all your productivity needs with an iPad.
Features of an iPad
iPad designed and marketed by Apple Inc., primarily as a platform for audio-visual media, including books, periodicals, movies, music, games, apps and web content. It is a 10-inch tablet computer that runs iOS. Its size and weight fall between those of contemporary smart phones and laptop computers. With around 1 Ghz Apple A4 processor and 256 MB DRAM (512 RAM in iPad2) and a maximum of 64 GB storage space, you can also get the Internet on-the-go just as you can with an iPhone through optional 3G service.
Why prefer an iPad over Laptop
• Weight of the device: The iPad weights about 1.6 lbs, while a standard laptop will weigh more than 6 pounds. This makes it easier to carry an iPad around even with a charger as the charger is very compact.
• Battery Life: The battery life of an iPad definitely exceeds that of a laptop and covers a maximum up to 8 hours. Comparative to the laptop which covers only maximum up to 4 hours, iPad proves to be worthwhile.Sponsored Links:
• Screen Resolution and Size: The screen size of an iPad is about 9.7 inches, optimized for viewing and surfing, and hence the user is not restricted to a smaller screen as that of a smart phone.
• Typing: People often complain that typing for long periods on the iPad is painful. That proves to be true in most cases and hence this problem is overcome using Bluetooth’s keyboards. These accessories look great, and their functionality should not be underestimated.
• Boot Time: The boot time of the iPad is very least, and it starts up almost instantly while the laptop takes a few minutes to start up. T to the flash storage medium of the iPad and hence the battery does not drain quickly.
• Operating System: iOS is one of the best operating systems around, and you also have access to more than 350,000 great web applications from the Apple App Store. These apps are portals to the web, and they perform various tasks for you at the touch on a button.
From the above, we do come to a stand; you can do all the things that you do on a laptop, on the iPad. And to some extend do them efficiently and better. When it comes to iPad vs Laptop, people have accepted the iPad as the go-to device for portable entertainment, and its functionality is not just only restricted to entertainment.